The Philcon Dealers Room features vendors selling books, comics, steampunk artifacts, DVDs, comics, jewelry, costume clothing, games, collectibles and more.
The Artists Alley features artists selling their work. Philcon’s Artists Alley will be in a section of the Dealers’ Room.
Anyone wishing to sell at Philcon 2022 must request a space in the dealers’ room/artist’s alley by filling out the application which can be downloaded below. Applications to vend must be received by the deadline – September 10, 2022. All requests received by that date will be notified by September 30, 2022, if they have received space in the room, and will be expected to then make payment for their space by October 31, 2022. No payment will be refunded unless we are able to sell your space to another dealer. A wait list will be maintained to take account of any applications received after the deadline in order to assign any space not claimed by the deadline. In addition, after the deadline, you may email us and ask if additional tables are available. Sometimes, tables are available due to cancellations or other reasons.
There will be NO sleeping room dealers (hotel room) at Philcon 2022.
Please note: NO applications will be accepted unless they are accompanied by a completely filled-out reservation form and a signed and dated release form. The signature on the back (page 2) of the form must be that of the person named on the form. Incomplete or unsigned forms will be returned.
If you wish, you can scan the forms and email them to Dealers2022@philcon.org, but the payment must still be received by October 31. If we receive payment prior to receiving a properly completed form, we will return it and you will have to resend payment at the proper time in order to confirm your assignment.
When making payment, full payment must be made for all tables assigned. Checks or money orders must be payable in US dollars; checks must be drawn on a US bank. Visa, MasterCard, and PayPal are also accepted. If paying by credit card, please make sure that the card will be current at the time it will be charged, that we can read all digits of the credit card number and that the expiration date, security number and zip code are also provided.
All checks and forms should be sent to the address below. Please send your completed application, registration forms, and (at the appropriate time) any checks or money orders covering table payment and any additional memberships, made out to Philcon 2022, to:
Todd Dashoff – Dealers
PO Box 425
Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
PayPal should be directed to: Treasurer@psfs.org. Please put an explanation into the Notes section, such as ‘1 dealer’s table and 2 memberships’ (see below regarding memberships) and send an email to Dealers2022@philcon.org to let us know that payment has been made. You can pdf and e-mail the appropriate page from the application if you want to make payment via credit card.
Table Costs (Do NOT include membership; see below)
- Half table $55
- One table $85
- Two tables $195
- Three tables $340
In addition to paying for the table space, anyone working in the Dealers’ Room must have a Philcon membership. Dealer memberships are $40 each. This rate is good until October 31, providing that the check or money order is clearly marked “Dealer Memberships”, or the appropriate amount is included with your payment. There is a limit of TWO memberships per (full) table. Those people whose memberships are not purchased in advance must pay at-the-door rates. Program participants who wish to reserve space in the room do not need to buy memberships; however, we will confirm that you have agreed to appear on a sufficient number of program items to waive the membership cost.
Philcon reserves the sole right to determine which applications to accept. The application does not entitle you to any space or table in the Dealers’ Room. Philcon also reserves the right to provide you with fewer tables than you have requested. If we do so, we will make an appropriate adjustment in price by reducing the charge you need to pay.
We are requiring all attendees to follow the Philcon 2022 Vaccination and Mask Policy as shown on our home and policies pages.
Allowed and Prohibited Items
- You may sell (certain types of) weapons, but they must be wrapped and the package sealed before the purchaser can take them out of the Dealers’ Room. Please send a description with your form.
- There will be no loud noise-producing items in the Dealers’ Room. Headsets must be provided.
- You may not sell any item that is illegal, that is a violation of any copyright, service mark, trademark, or patent, that was obtained illegally, or that violates any applicable law, statute, or ordinance.
- Dealers in art prints are welcome in the Dealers’ Room. However, any art print sold in the Dealers’ Room cannot also be displayed and sold in the Art Show Print Shop. Conversely, any art print title that is displayed and sold in the Print Shop cannot be sold in the Dealers’ Room. If you are an artist, we suggest you consider whether it is more advantageous to request space in the Art Show rather than the Dealers’ Room; Please see the Art Show page for further information.
- Dealers expecting to lean or prop things against the walls must PAD the contact points with felt or foam.
- Nothing may be hung, stuck, or fastened to any wall, ceiling, or other surface in the Dealers’ Room.
- There are very few wall tables available. Only ask for them if you must have it for your display.
- Each space includes one table and 2 chairs, unless a special set-up is requested on the application form. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Power is included free with your space, if power can be provided. All electrical equipment must have either grounded (triple-prong) or polarized plugs. It would be useful to have a power strip with a surge protector.
- The room will be locked overnight, but Philcon does not assume any responsibility for any losses. Dealers are expected to cover their tables appropriately overnight.
- You will be notified in advance as to when you will be able to enter the room for set-up, both before the con begins and each morning thereafter. Please do not attempt to enter the room before the stated times or any other time when the room is closed. You will have sufficient time to get your table(s) ready before the public is admitted.
- At closing time each evening, please make every effort to be out of the room within 30 minutes. following closing.
- Expected sales hours for the Dealers’ Room are as follows:
- Friday – 4:00 PM to 7:00 PM
- Saturday – 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Sunday – 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Confirmation, Cancellation, etc.
- Confirmation will be sent via email to the name on the application, unless another address is specifically requested on the application form. You are responsible for notifying the person who will actually attend if that person is not the one making the application.
Philcon does not collect taxes. It is the dealer’s responsibility to collect N J sales tax. Forms and information can be obtained by calling 609-826-4400, or check http://www.state.nj.us/treasury/revenue/gettingregistered.htm. If you currently have a NYS tax number, you may be able to send NJ taxes in on that; consult the NYS tax people.
Information on hotel reservations can be found on the hotel page on the website. on our website. Please make your reservations as soon as possible. The hotel reservation deadline is currently November 1, 2022.
If you have any questions, or do not receive an expected response by the appropriate deadline, please don’t hesitate to get in touch using the questions button below.